Google My Business messaging is moving from SMS to the Google My Business app starting on November 15.
What does this mean for you?
If you are currently using Google My Business messaging via SMS, you’ll need to download the latest version of the Google My Business app. Once you’ve installed the app, you can turn on messaging.
If you have the app, complete the following steps to keep messaging active for your business:
- Open the Google My Business app
- Tap the ‘Customers’ tab
- Select ‘Messages’
- Tap ‘Turn on messaging”
Once that’s done, you’ll only receive and respond to all messages in the app – not via SMS. And you’ll be able to customize your welcome message, receive notifications, add your employees to help respond quickly to customers. The app allows you to receive and reply to messages free of charge.
Other app features:
- Manage how your local business appears on Google Search and Maps
- Edit your business information (e.g. address, phone number, and hours)
- Respond to reviews, questions, and messages from customers
- Share new photos and post updates on special offers and events
- See how customers find and interact with your business on Google
If you do not have the Google My Business App, you can download it here. As always, The Raleighwood team is here to help. If you have any questions about this change, give us a call at 919-229-9725 or email us at Info@RaleighwoodMedia.com.
What is Google My Business?
Google My Business is a free and easy-to-use tool for businesses and organizations to manage their online presence across Google, including Search and Maps. By verifying and editing your business information, you can both help customers find you and tell them the story of your business. Get started here.
- Online Purchasing & Supporting Local Businesses During The Coronavirus - May 7, 2020
- Raleighwood’s Guide to Advertising on Nextdoor.com - December 18, 2019
- Google My Business: Changes to Messaging - September 25, 2019